CBD for Sleep? 5 Best Ways to use CBD for Sleep.
There are multiple studies which shows that CBD is good in sleep, but the question is how and what ways we can use CBD for sleep.
Before knowing about how CBD can be effective in sleep, first we have to discuss about what are reasons for bad sleep.
There are many reasons that can cause you poor sleep. Below are some of the possible reasons that are most often responsible for poor sleep:
- Mostly for insomnia, mental health disorders are considered to be main culprit in which anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorders, depression and any other stress can be covered.
- Other possible reasons are person’s physical condition, which can be any depending upon person to person. Some are suffering from chronic pain while other might be having any restless syndrome.
- Other Habits: Most of the people are having habit of taking caffeine during late hours in any form that will also be one of the reason of poor sleep.
- Medication: Some people are on medication that can also disturb your sleep-wake cycle.
- Any other factors like surrounding noise, uncomfortable bed, lighting issue or any other environmental factors can also contribute in keeping you awake.
CBD may be helpful in treating most of the external factors that are responsible for poor sleep.
Let’s discuss one by one how CBD is helpful in fighting against these parameters responsible for insomnia.
How CBD Help in Insomnia and Improve Sleep
- Reduces Anxiety: CBD is known to treat anxiety and stress which is common cause of insomnia. CBD basically helps in regulating stress hormone named cortisol, which will impact on non-REM sleep cycles. By doing so, CBD will reduce stress and anxiety related disorders and proves very useful in increasing the sleep quality.
- Reduces Depression: Like anxiety, CBD is also known in reducing depression. According to WHO, depression is the single largest contributor to disability worldwide. People are moving towards more natural way of reducing depression and CBD is one of the best way-out. By elimination depression in your life, CBD automatically improve your sleep.
- Reduces Pain: People who use medications for reducing any type of pain, CBD proves to be best alternative solution that will act as natural pain relievers without providing any sedative effect like many sleep-aids.
- Relaxing your Muscles : Research studies show that CBD helps insomnia in patients with movement disorders by reducing muscle tremors. CBD also act as a natural muscle relaxant.
When a muscle contracts, it is due to these chemical messengers originating from the central nervous system, going to a muscle, and forcing it to contract. Without a proper supply of endocannabinoids, there is nothing to slow down these excessive chemicals, causing muscles to contract continuously. An insufficient supply of endocannabinoids is a medical condition called Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency, or CECD.
CBD directly aids in slowing down this flow of chemical messengers, and it also boosts the body’s supply of endocannabinoids, resulting in a two-fold effect: assisting with muscle relaxation and reducing spasticity.
By relaxing the muscles, it also improves the overall sleep and eliminate the effect of insomnia.
- Eliminate Nightmares: Studies shown people taking CBD experienced less side effects of REM sleep behaviors Disorder (RBD) which is basically restlessness and nightmares that accounted for bad sleep quality. CBD has a promising impact in improving sleep quality without any side effects.
- No More Somnolence with CBD: Studies have been shown that CBD has a noticeable impact on somnolence. It improves the night sleep and keep you awake during daytime which will eliminate daytime sleepiness or Somnolence and increase your overall productivity and regulate your normal body’s sleep/awake cycles.
The above mentioned benefits proves that CBD becomes very useful in improving overall sleep quality along with increasing your productivity during day time.
Now, after knowing why to use CBD during sleep- the next Question is HOW to Use CBD for Sleep that can give your maximum benefit and let you sleep without any stress or pain.back to menu ↑
So, How to Use CBD for Sleep?
Everybody has their different system, and CBD works different for everyone. CBD can have a variety of effects depending upon dosage, product, time of day as well as individual body parameters.
CBD proves to be best for short term sleepiness as the effects may lessen over time.
There are multiple ways to taking CBD for sleep, it depends upon you … how u want to take it..
It comes in a few different forms, including:
- Vaporing: Mostly includes vape concentrates or can be used in a vaporizer or vape pen.
- Oils and Tinctures: CBD also comes in tinctures. You can use few drops in any drink.
- Edibles: Pills, capsules and Edible Gummies: There are various types of Edibles present in the market that are infused with CBD oil and can be taken directly. Edible gummies, cakes, bear and cookies are some of the common edibles used.
Mostly edibles and oils are considered best for sleep purpose as rate of releasing CBD is slow in edibles and it keeps you stay asleep for longer period. Tinctures or sprays , however offers immediate effect and best for short naps.back to menu ↑
Best Time to Take CBD for Sleep
While the time period may range depending on your sleep disorder, sleep schedule, and the CBD product itself, it’s generally ideal to take your dosage before bed. However, many individuals take CBD during the day without inducing a sleepy state.
So, it totally depend upon you how you are taking the CBD and when you are taking it.back to menu ↑
How much CBD should I take before going to sleep?
Most clinical trials on CBD and sleep have involved giving the subjects anywhere between 20 mg to 1,000 mg of CBD per day.
It’s best to start with a low dosage may be with 10 mg and gradually increase it until you find something that works for you. The more you take, the more affects you will see. So be careful while taking CBD.back to menu ↑
Is there any side effect with CBD ?
Though it’s a relatively safe to take CBD. Side effects are relatively uncommon. However, you may experience some minor side effects like headache, tiredness, fatigue and in some cases diarrhea also.
But these are short term effects and if you will experience this for longer time then consult with your doctor without fail
There are also some other question on the way that comes in mid.. we want know your answers on that…
What are best CBD Pills for Sleep?
What are best CBD Gummies, Edibles for Sleep?
What are best CBD oil / Tinctures for Sleep?